This week it's business as usual. Well almost. Martin is away running a training camp in Lanzarote. We catch up with the second part of our amazing intervew with 1980's global middle distance icon, the Jarrow Arrow, Steve Cram. We bring you up to speed with what has been happening in the world of endurance running, particularly japanese style, we update the first week of Marchvellous and Tony gives us a ticking off.
- Martin ... is in Lanzarote.
- Tom ... is winning awards.
- Newest member of the Marathon Talk family. Congratulations Marathon Talk web guru Greg Brock and wife Helen on the birth of their son Andrew this past weekend.
- Febulous spot prize winners of an adidas goody bag. Thank you adidas and well done folks.
Andy Robson - Ewan Gordon - Ciaran Kelly - Eleanore Coulthard - Jacqueline Millett - Phil Huntington - David Breslin - Oli Dunkley - John Tougher - Brigitte Groves.
- 2724 participants logged 57,116 runs so far!
- You’ve not been running as many times as we thought due to human error and bad stats at our end!
- Jan is easy – anyone can run for 4 weeks. Feb things start to get harder but March is when things start to get demanding – especially when we’re asking you to run a target number of times each week, nail your longest runs and predict your personal smack down time.
Looks like Haile's Olympic dream could be over. After taking the lead, running first half in 62:51 - he faded over the final miles finishing in fourth in 2:08:14.
- Michael Kipyego Kipkorir KEN 02:07:37
- Arata Fujiwara JPN 02:07:48 PB
- Stephen Kiprotich UGA 02:07:50
- Haile Gebrselassie ETH 02:08:17
- Ethiopia names Olympic Marathon 'Preliminary' squad.
- Lake Biwa Marathon
Ryo Yamamoto surprises and takes top Japanese spot in 2:08:44
- Brighton Marathon Announces top elite fields. (Run247)
- Cowtown Marathon winner DQ'd! (Competitor)
INTERVIEW - Steve Cram (Part Two)
- Listen to Steve talk some more about his glittering middle distance career, what he's doing now and just how fast he thinks he can run a mile in part two of our great interview.
- Kirsty Reade’s Top 5 Urban Runner Hazards
- Tom's runnng everywhere parkrun and peco XC
- Martin's off to Boulder.
- It's 7 weeks until the Greater Manchester Marathon on April 29th!
Run well and thanks for supporting the show
Martin & Tom
Episode 113 of Marathon Talk is now out and is available completely free on www.marathontalk.com