Yet another bumper crop of Olympic, World and Commonwealth medallists have been signed up for the ever-popular Saucony Seminars which take place on Saturday 14th April in the Auditorium on the first floor of the Brighton Centre
The seminars have become one of the must-see events at the Brighton Marathon Exhibition which this year extends over two days, 13 – 14 April and kick starts a weekend of Marathon related activity.
A quintet of famous names from track and field will be fielding questions from the general public. Current Commonwealth Games champion, John Kelai of Kenya, will also attend.
- JOHN TREACY – 1984 Olympic marathon silver medallist, double world cross-country champion 1978/1979. Chief executive of the Irish Sports Council
- MIKE MCLEOD - Olympic 10,000 silver medallist 1984 and twice winner of the Great North Run (1981/1982)
- KATHERINE MERRY - Olympic 400m bronze medallist Sydney 2000. Media presenter for TV and radio as well as infield presenter for the UK’s Grand Prix athletics series
- ROB DENMARK - Commonwealth 5,000m champion 1994. Advisor on UKA’s Futures Programme that nurtures young athletes
- RON HILL - European (1969) and Commonwealth (1970) marathon champion. First Briton to win the Boston Marathon and the first athlete in the world to break 2:10 for the distance. Has legendary status as someone who has not missed a daily run since 1964.
- JOHN KELAI – 2010 Commonwealth Games champion
The third Brighton Marathon takes place on Sunday 15 April 2012
Click here to find out more